Help Center - Frequently Asked Questions
- In every chat with another member, you're easily able to see if the member has seen your last message. You will see a "Seen" notifier underneath the last message your chat partner has seen.
- It depends.
If the message appears to be spam (for example, if the message includes advertisements for another site or a solicitation for a conversation on a third-party instant messenger), click the exclamation point (!) icon in the chat or in your chat list. From there, you may select to "Mark Spam". This will delete the message and report the sender to MeetMe so that we may take further action.
If the message appears to be from another real user of MeetMe, but you simply do not want to communicate with that user, instead select the "Block" link at the bottom left-hand corner. This will delete the message and prevent that user from sending you any additional messages.
Finally, if the message appears to be from a real user but includes highly objectionable material, click the Report Abuse icon at the top right corner of the page. Make sure to include as much detail as possible in your report, including the full text of the message you received.
- There are a few different ways. You can still send a message by navigating to that friend's profile and using the message box under his or her photo. The blue Messages icons within the Friends section will also do the job, as they did before.
With the new Messages system, you can also select the New Chat button at the top of the My Chats section and start typing a friend's name. Once you've typed a few characters, a drop-down menu will appear, containing a list of the friends whose names match what you have typed. Select the friend you want, enter your subject and message, and click Send!
- Messages older than 30 days are older to prevent your conversations from getting clogged up with old messages!
MeetMe Applications and Features
Ads and Business Solutions
Type of Inquiry:
Report Abuse: If you need to report inappropriate content or behavior you have observed on MeetMe, do not submit feedback here. Instead, click the
REPORT ABUSE!icon on the top right-hand corner of the page containing the inappropriate material.
Top 10 Questions
- MeetMe is, simply put, where friends meet! MeetMe uses an array of social discovery applications in order to connect you to our incredible and friendly members, making us the best place to make friends and meet new people near you!
- MeetMe is different from other social networks. On MeetMe, you can:
- Browse Locals to meet great people near you
- Find out what everyone's up to in the Feed
- Earn Lunch Money playing dozens of Games
- And play many more social games!
So, jump right in, set up your Profile, and find some new friends in your area with Browse People!
- Browse Locals to meet great people near you
- Go to the Forgot Password page and enter your email address. Instructions for resetting your password will be emailed to you.
- You can download the official MeetMe app for iPhone and iPod from the iTunes store.
- You can download the official MeetMe app for Android from the Google Play store.
- The Spotlight consists of two features you can activate with MeetMe Credits, all of which are designed to help you meet more people faster (and get a hefty popularity boost, too).
Match Spotlight helps you get more views in Match, which means more potential secret admirers seeing you and more of them clicking "Yes" on you!
You can also promote your feed posts with Feed Spotlight. Just click the "Make #1!" button under one of your own posts, and it will be pinned to the top of Feed for people who may be interested in you!
- Here are just a few of the things you can do with Credits, with more coming soon ...
- Match Spotlight -- Get to the front of the line! You'll have priority in Match, substantially increasing the number of secret admirers you get. Could this be the start of something special?
- Live Feed Spotlight -- Have something to say you want everyone to see? A spotlighted Live Feed post will be stuck to the top of the Feed for everyone to see. Get more comments than ever and create a great discussion!
- MeetMe profiles by default are available for other members of the MeetMe community to view. To restrict who can view your profile, click on the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Within "Privacy" is the setting "Who can view my profile?" Choose your desired level of privacy, then make sure to click the "Save" button to confirm your selection.
- To access your Block List, click on the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner of any page. Within "Privacy," click the "See which users you have blocked" link. You'll then see a list of everyone you've blocked; each one has a "Remove block" link so that you can unblock them if you choose.
To go directly to your Block list, click here now.
- Back in 2005, we started myYearbook in our high school as a way to make new friends. Today, people of all ages use it for the same purpose: we're now the largest service for meeting new people in the United States, and we're growing fast in many other countries too.
Yet the name "myYearbook" makes most people think of reconnecting with old classmates, not making new friends. So at long last, we decided to change the name to something that says what our service really means, even to people who haven't used it yet.
MeetMe was the clear winner over hundreds of other potential names, based on feedback from many thousands of members. Everything you love about myYearbook will still be at MeetMe -- you may not even notice a difference!