Help Center - Frequently Asked Questions
- Currency Connect is a service that allows MeetMe members to exchange virtual currency among partner websites. In the real world, currency exchanges exist as a way for people to move their money from one country's currency to another. Someone living in France who vacations in the US might wish to visit the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art. Before she can do this, she must first convert some amount of Euros into US Dollars in order to pay for her visit. Currency Connect works the same way. It allows MeetMe members to exchange their Lunch Money in order to perform activities on other sites they visit.
- Log in and go to your Lunch Money page. Above your daily Lunch Money transactions, you will find an image from a partner site discussing exchanging Lunch Money Click that to see which other sites are available for currency exchange. In many cases, you can even get a Lunch Money bonus for signing up on a partner site!
- First, go to your Lunch Money page and make sure that the transaction appears to be incorrect. If an error occurred during the exchange, you should see two entries in your balance sheet, and they should add up to zero. For example, if you were trying to exchange L$50,000 worth of Lunch Money, you might see a negative entry for -L$50,000 immediately followed by a positive entry for L$50,000.
If you see only one entry, go to the partner site and confirm that the exchange did not take effect there.
If you were debited currency on one site, but not credited currency on the other, please email us and we will investigate. Be as detailed as possible in your email, including the site you were trying to exchange with, the amount you were trying to exchange, and the time the exchange took place. This information will be crucial as we investigate the situation.
MeetMe Applications and Features
Ads and Business Solutions
Type of Inquiry:
Report Abuse: If you need to report inappropriate content or behavior you have observed on MeetMe, do not submit feedback here. Instead, click the
REPORT ABUSE!icon on the top right-hand corner of the page containing the inappropriate material.
Top 10 Questions
- MeetMe is, simply put, where friends meet! MeetMe uses an array of social discovery applications in order to connect you to our incredible and friendly members, making us the best place to make friends and meet new people near you!
- Go to the Forgot Password page and enter your email address. Instructions for resetting your password will be emailed to you.
- You can download the official MeetMe app for iPhone and iPod from the iTunes store.
- You can download the official MeetMe app for Android from the Google Play store.
- The Spotlight consists of two features you can activate with MeetMe Credits, all of which are designed to help you meet more people faster (and get a hefty popularity boost, too).
Match Spotlight helps you get more views in Match, which means more potential secret admirers seeing you and more of them clicking "Yes" on you!
You can also promote your feed posts with Feed Spotlight. Just click the "Make #1!" button under one of your own posts, and it will be pinned to the top of Feed for people who may be interested in you!
- Here are just a few of the things you can do with Credits, with more coming soon ...
- Match Spotlight -- Get to the front of the line! You'll have priority in Match, substantially increasing the number of secret admirers you get. Could this be the start of something special?
- Live Feed Spotlight -- Have something to say you want everyone to see? A spotlighted Live Feed post will be stuck to the top of the Feed for everyone to see. Get more comments than ever and create a great discussion!
- MeetMe profiles by default are available for other members of the MeetMe community to view. To restrict who can view your profile, click on the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Within "Privacy" is the setting "Who can view my profile?" Choose your desired level of privacy, then make sure to click the "Save" button to confirm your selection.
- To access your Block List, click on the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner of any page. Within "Privacy," click the "See which users you have blocked" link. You'll then see a list of everyone you've blocked; each one has a "Remove block" link so that you can unblock them if you choose.
To go directly to your Block list, click here now.
- Back in 2005, we started myYearbook in our high school as a way to make new friends. Today, people of all ages use it for the same purpose: we're now the largest service for meeting new people in the United States, and we're growing fast in many other countries too.
Yet the name "myYearbook" makes most people think of reconnecting with old classmates, not making new friends. So at long last, we decided to change the name to something that says what our service really means, even to people who haven't used it yet.
MeetMe was the clear winner over hundreds of other potential names, based on feedback from many thousands of members. Everything you love about myYearbook will still be at MeetMe -- you may not even notice a difference!