Help Center - Frequently Asked Questions
- Causes is an application that allows MeetMe members to help save the planet by turning their Lunch Money into real money for real charities. We're proud to say that Causes is one of the top sources of charitable giving from young people on this planet.
While giving a few grains of rice may seem small, when multiplied by the millions of MeetMe users who log in every month, we are able to have a real impact on the world stage and actually do something concrete to Save the Planet.
At the end of every month, MeetMe writes a large check to the Causes described below based on the giving activity of our members. When you purchase an item through Causes, we record the purchase and translate your Lunch Money into real US dollars. For example, we multiply the number of grains of rice bought by our members that month to support the Hunger cause and multiply that amount by the cost of a grain of rice in US dollars and determine the total donation to be made to the listed cause based on the giving activity of our members.
We have committed tens of thousands of dollars per month to supporting the Causes of our members and hope, as our membership grows, to make this number even bigger.
Thanks to the generosity of our members, we are able to supply several charitable organizations with the real cash donations they need to support their mission and help make a difference in this world --- to help fight poverty, global warming, disease, and animal abuse.
The reason this can work is because MeetMe has sponsors. These sponsors want to reach teens, and young people (hopefully all people) want to help charities save the planet. The genius of Causes is in connecting these three very different groups -- Teens, Sponsors, and Charities --- and bringing them together to make a difference in the world. We currently cap our total monthly donation from MeetMe at US$20,000 per month -- which makes us one of the largest sources of donations from young people -- and we intend to increase that limit as we get more sponsors to support this endeavor.
To support Causes, MeetMe has recently launched a service that awards Lunch Money to give to Causes if you engage in a variety of sponsored actions. While MeetMe will always be Free, we appreciate every member who helps support us. Placing an ad on your profile may seem like a small thing to do, but that is the way we are able to make this whole idea work.
We thank all our members for their generous spirit, and we intend to make this Causes section the top source of charitable giving from young people on this planet.
- Member suggestions are essential as we strive to expand the "Causes" section of MeetMe. To suggest another cause for MeetMe members to support, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the official name of the organization and a link to the organization's website.
Thanks again for your generous spirit and commitment to charitable giving!
- Badges are a way to show your friends how much you care about a specific cause. Each Cause has different badges, and there are also mystery badges. There are 10 badges you can get for each cause. To receive a badge, donate Lunch Money to some causes. The more Lunch Money you donate, the more badges you can get!
- Your rank in Causes is based off of the total amount of Lunch Money you've donated to all Causes. It's easy to increase your rank -- just donate some more Lunch Money!
- Absolutely. Click here to read testimonials from some of the organizations that benefit from Causes.
MeetMe Applications and Features
Ads and Business Solutions
Type of Inquiry:
Report Abuse: If you need to report inappropriate content or behavior you have observed on MeetMe, do not submit feedback here. Instead, click the
REPORT ABUSE!icon on the top right-hand corner of the page containing the inappropriate material.
Top 10 Questions
- MeetMe is, simply put, where friends meet! MeetMe uses an array of social discovery applications in order to connect you to our incredible and friendly members, making us the best place to make friends and meet new people near you!
- MeetMe is different from other social networks. On MeetMe, you can:
- Browse Locals to meet great people near you
- Find out what everyone's up to in the Feed
- Earn Lunch Money playing dozens of Games
- And play many more social games!
So, jump right in, set up your Profile, and find some new friends in your area with Browse People!
- Browse Locals to meet great people near you
- Go to the Forgot Password page and enter your email address. Instructions for resetting your password will be emailed to you.
- You can download the official MeetMe app for iPhone and iPod from the iTunes store.
- You can download the official MeetMe app for Android from the Google Play store.
- The Spotlight consists of three features you can activate with MeetMe Credits, all of which are designed to help you meet more people faster (and get a hefty popularity boost, too).
With the Homepage Spotlight, you can put your photo and a brief message on everyone's homepage, resulting in lots of profile visitors and friend requests while you're featured there.
Match Spotlight helps you get more views in Match, which means more potential secret admirers seeing you and more of them clicking "Yes" on you!
You can also promote your feed posts with Live Feed Spotlight. Just click the "Make #1!" button under one of your own posts, and it will be pinned to the top of Live Feed for people who may be interested in you!
- Here are just a few of the things you can do with Credits, with more coming soon ...
- Homepage Spotlight -- Put yourself on top of the homepage for everyone to see! You'll be front and center for everyone that uses MeetMe and see your profile views skyrocket!
- Match Spotlight -- Get to the front of the line! You'll have priority in Match, substantially increasing the number of secret admirers you get. Could this be the start of something special?
- Live Feed Spotlight -- Have something to say you want everyone to see? A spotlighted Live Feed post will be stuck to the top of the Feed for everyone to see. Get more comments than ever and create a great discussion!
- MeetMe profiles by default are available for other members of the MeetMe community to view. To restrict who can view your profile, click on the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Within "Privacy" is the setting "Who can view my profile?" Choose your desired level of privacy, then make sure to click the "Save" button to confirm your selection.
- To access your Block List, click on the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner of any page. Within "Privacy," click the "See which users you have blocked" link. You'll then see a list of everyone you've blocked; each one has a "Remove block" link so that you can unblock them if you choose.
To go directly to your Block list, click here now.
- Back in 2005, we started myYearbook in our high school as a way to make new friends. Today, people of all ages use it for the same purpose: we're now the largest service for meeting new people in the United States, and we're growing fast in many other countries too.
Yet the name "myYearbook" makes most people think of reconnecting with old classmates, not making new friends. So at long last, we decided to change the name to something that says what our service really means, even to people who haven't used it yet.
MeetMe was the clear winner over hundreds of other potential names, based on feedback from many thousands of members. Everything you love about myYearbook will still be at MeetMe -- you may not even notice a difference!